What is national ritual celebration week?
Phi Mu Fraternity invites all interfraternal Greek organizations and campuses with a fraternity/sorority community to join Phi Mu by participating in the third annual National Ritual Celebration Week, March 2 - 8, 2014. The week will once again include the National Panhellenic Conference's on International Badge Day Monday, March 3, 2014.
This website will continue to be a resource for all inter/national Greek organizations that would like ritual programming. Feel free to continue to use any or all of the provided materials outside of National Ritual Celebration week to:
- Create activities and discussions that will encourage your members to reflect on why fraternities/sororities have rituals
- Reflect on why fraternities and sororities were founded
- Explore what it means to live by one's ritual
- Learn how to celebrate being a part of an interfraternal community
- Discuss what being a member of an organization with a ritual means.
To learn more about how National Ritual Week was created, Click Here.
Mark your calendar to celebrate Ritual next year March 1 - 7, 2015.
National Ritual Celebration Week 2014
Click here to share your email address to stay up-to-date with all National Ritual Celebration Week information.
If you are interested in participating in National Ritual Celebration Week 2014, contributing to the resource materials, have questions or want to brainstorm ideas please contact Gabby Leon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a list of 2014 National Ritual Celebration Week Partners.
These resources have been created by Phi Mu Fraternity, other inter/national Greek organizations and individuals in the interfraternal community. The files can be used as-is or edited for your organization. If your organization does participate, please send pictures and program details afterwards to Gabby Leon at email@example.com.
Each file is listed individually below and will open in Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader.
How Did You Celebrate?
Click Here to share how your chapter, council or fraternity/sorority community celebration Ritual.
Program Materials and Graphics
- Ritual Week Logo Color
- Ritual Week Logo Black and White
- Ritual Week Bookmarks - can be used for marketing and public relations before and during National Ritual Celebration Week
- Sample Press Release - can be used for marketing and public relations before and during National Ritual Celebration Week
- Ritual Twitter Hashtags - list of Ritual #hashtags that can be used for Tweeting during National Ritual Celebration Week
- Twitter Tweets - tweets can be used during the week to help start conversation
- Twitter hashtag - #NRCW
- Facebook Posts - can be used for marketing and public relations during National Ritual Celebration Week
These articles can be shared and discussed with the chapter as a group or emailed to members to read on their own time.
- Secret Thoughts of the Ritual - written by Dr. Edward King, Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Stop Blaming the Media Blog Post- written by Spencer Montgomery, Sigma Nu Fraternity
- Greeks on a Bad Pedestal
- Living Our Ritual - this article about Ritual appeared in the Fall/Winter 2011 Alpha Omicron Pi magazine
- Fraternity...the Starbucks way - written by David Stollman, a co-founder of CAMPUSPEAK, a full-time speaker and a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon. Learn about his speaking here.
- Drexel University Fraternity and Sorority Life 2012 NRCW Plan
- Community Creed - an activity to create a Creed based on the Creeds of members of the council or fraternity/sorority community
- Values Activity - activity to create values and ideas for the council or fraternity/sorority community
- Founders Ritual Award - an outline to create a Founders Ritual Award
- Ritual Video - walks you step by step through creating a video about Ritual for your council or community
- Chapter Ritual Questionnaire - this can be passed out to members to give them the chance to reflect on how they see the chapter when it comes to practicing ritual
- Connecting With Chapters of the Same Affiliation - an activity to learn about other chapters in your organization
- Discussion Topics and Questions - list of questions that can be used to start a conversation about ritual and values-based organizations
- Founders Ritual Award - an outline to create a founders ritual award
- How to Evaluate the Role of Ritual - an activity that will allow members to see priorities in the chapter
- Reviewing the Creed - a guide to review your organization's creed
- Ritual Assessment - an assessment for members to learn where ritual stands within the chapter
- Ritual Chairman Best Practices - tips for the ritual chairman
- Ritual: Consistent/Inconsistent Conversation - information for a conversation exploring ritual
- Ritual Jenga - a fun game to play
- Ritual Jeopardy - a fun game to play
- Ritual Just Live It - list of items for members and chapters to incorporate ritual
- Ritual Review - list of possible items to review with the chapter
- Ritual Video - walks you step by step through creating a video about ritual for your chapter
- #RitualChat Activity - an online activity to spark Ritual conversation
- Using Music for Ritual Education - list of songs that can be used to focus members on a ritual experience
Alumni Chapters, Groups and Associations
- Ritual Video- a fun activity to learn what members think about Ritual
- Alumnae Panhellenic Creed - an activity to create a community Creed, based on the Creeds/mottos/values of the members organizations
- Alumni Facebook and Twitter - Facebook posts and Twitter tweets can be used during the week to help start conversation.
- Discussion Questions and Conversation Starters - list of questions and discussion points that can be used to start a conversation about ritual and values-based organizations.
NPC Alumnae Panhellenic
- The Power of the Flower - a great activity to celebrate Panhellenic sisterhood and Ritual.
- NRCW photo with all NPC flowers
- Facebook cover photo with all NPC flowers
- Facebook profile logo with all NPC flowers
- Twitter cover photo with all NPC flowers