What is national ritual celebration week?
Phi Mu Fraternity invites all interfraternal Greek organizations and campuses with a fraternity/sorority community to join Phi Mu by participating in the sixth annual National Ritual Celebration Week, March 6 - 12, 2016. The week will once again include the National Panhellenic Conference's on International Badge Day Monday, March 7, 2016.
This website will continue to be a resource for all inter/national Greek organizations that would like ritual programming. Feel free to continue to use any or all of the provided materials outside of National Ritual Celebration week to:
- Create activities and discussions that will encourage your members to reflect on why fraternities/sororities have rituals
- Reflect on why fraternities and sororities were founded
- Explore what it means to live by one's ritual
- Learn how to celebrate being a part of an interfraternal community
- Discuss what being a member of an organization with a ritual means.
Mark your calendar to celebrate Ritual in March!
National Ritual Celebration Week 2016
Click here for a list of National Ritual Celebration Week Partners.
These resources have been created by Phi Mu Fraternity, other inter/national Greek organizations and individuals in the interfraternal community. The files can be used as-is or edited for your organization. If your organization does participate, please send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each file is listed individually below and will open in Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader.
How Did You Celebrate?
Click Here to share how your chapter, council or fraternity/sorority community celebration Ritual.
Program Materials & Graphics
- Ritual Week Logo Color
- Ritual Week Logo Black and White
- Ritual Week Bookmarks - can be used for marketing and public relations before and during National Ritual Celebration Week
- Sample Press Release - can be used for marketing and public relations before and during National Ritual Celebration Week
- Ritual Twitter Hashtags - list of Ritual #hashtags that can be used for Tweeting during National Ritual Celebration Week
- Twitter Tweets - tweets can be used during the week to help start conversation
- Twitter hashtag - #NRCW
- Facebook Posts - can be used for marketing and public relations during National Ritual Celebration Week
These articles can be shared and discussed with the chapter as a group or emailed to members to read on their own time.
- Secret Thoughts of the Ritual - written by Dr. Edward King, Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Stop Blaming the Media Blog Post- written by Spencer Montgomery, Sigma Nu Fraternity
- Greeks on a Bad Pedestal
- Living Our Ritual - this article about Ritual appeared in the Fall/Winter 2011 Alpha Omicron Pi magazine
- Fraternity...the Starbucks way - written by David Stollman, a co-founder of CAMPUSPEAK, a full-time speaker and a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon. Learn about his speaking here.
- The Great Fraternity Garage Sale written by John Shertzer
- Drexel University Fraternity and Sorority Life 2012 NRCW Plan
- Community Creed - an activity to create a Creed based on the Creeds of members of the council or fraternity/sorority community
- Values Activity - activity to create values and ideas for the council or fraternity/sorority community
- Founders Ritual Award - an outline to create a Founders Ritual Award
- Ritual Video - walks you step by step through creating a video about Ritual for your council or community
- Chapter Ritual Questionnaire - this can be passed out to members to give them the chance to reflect on how they see the chapter when it comes to practicing ritual
- Connecting With Chapters of the Same Affiliation - an activity to learn about other chapters in your organization
- Discussion Topics and Questions - list of questions that can be used to start a conversation about ritual and values-based organizations
- Founders Ritual Award - an outline to create a founders ritual award
- How to Evaluate the Role of Ritual - an activity that will allow members to see priorities in the chapter
- Reviewing the Creed - a guide to review your organization's creed
- Ritual Assessment - an assessment for members to learn where ritual stands within the chapter
- Ritual Chairman Best Practices - tips for the ritual chairman
- Ritual: Consistent/Inconsistent Conversation - information for a conversation exploring ritual
- Ritual Jenga - a fun game to play
- Ritual Jeopardy - a fun game to play
- Ritual Just Live It - list of items for members and chapters to incorporate ritual
- Ritual Review - list of possible items to review with the chapter
- Ritual Video - walks you step by step through creating a video about ritual for your chapter
- #RitualChat Activity - an online activity to spark Ritual conversation
- Using Music for Ritual Education - list of songs that can be used to focus members on a ritual experience
Activities/Programs - Interfraternal Partners
- Resources and Activities provided by Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity
- Polished Priorities provided by Pi Beta Phi Fraternity
Alumni Chapters, Groups and Associations
- Ritual Video- a fun activity to learn what members think about Ritual
- Alumnae Panhellenic Creed - an activity to create a community Creed, based on the Creeds/mottos/values of the members organizations
- Alumni Facebook and Twitter - Facebook posts and Twitter tweets can be used during the week to help start conversation.
- Discussion Questions and Conversation Starters - list of questions and discussion points that can be used to start a conversation about ritual and values-based organizations.
NPC Alumnae Panhellenic
- The Power of the Flower - a great activity to celebrate Panhellenic sisterhood and Ritual.
- NRCW photo with all NPC flowers
- Facebook cover photo with all NPC flowers
- Facebook profile logo with all NPC flowers
- Twitter cover photo with all NPC flowers