Communications and Marketing Coordinator
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator serves as the primary staff member for Phi Mu’s online presence. This position is responsible for strategically managing all Fraternity social media channels, coordinating social media campaigns for Fraternity events and initiatives, managing the Fraternity’s website and monitoring Phi Mu’s online presence. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will write for and edit Fraternity publications including The Aglaia, the Phi Mu Blog, official correspondence, presentations and manuals. This position requires regular collaboration with other Headquarters departments and also a great deal of initiative on completing assigned tasks independently. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications/Editor. This position is based at the Phi Mu Headquarters in Peachtree City, Georgia.
- Create, curate, manage and analyze informative and appealing social media content (copy, images and video) for all Phi Mu Fraternity channels.
- Monitor, listen and respond to social media users in a “social” way while cultivating engagement and relationships and simultaneously promoting Phi Mu’s mission and values.
- Coordinate social media campaigns for Fraternity events and initiatives.
- Manage the Fraternity’s website.
- Write for and edit Fraternity publications including The Aglaia, the Phi Mu Blog, official correspondence, presentations and manuals.
- Collaborate with other Headquarters departments and staff on marketing campaigns.
- Monitor Phi Mu’s online presence for issues and ideas.
- Ensure that Fraternity brand standards are maintained.
- Manage the online
- Complete supportive administrative tasks.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of social media best practices, KPIs and SEO.
- Previous experience managing professional or organizational social media accounts.
- Previous experience writing magazine/newsletter articles and/or blog posts.
- Familiarity with AP Style and willingness to learn Phi Mu Style.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, communications, journalism or a related field.
- Basic graphic design skills with InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Familiarity with creating presentations in PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn about, an all-women’s organization with collegiate members and alumnae members and volunteers.
- Experience with short video production for social media.
- Previous experience creating marketing campaigns.
- Phi Mu or fraternity/sorority membership, or other leadership/philanthropic/civic volunteer organization membership or involvement.
Occasional weekend and evening work required.
Required Level of Education:
How to Apply:
Resumes are being accepted through September 6. Please email a cover letter plus your resume; a list of three references; and a 250-word essay, not using the first-person point of view, about a person you admire. Submit these to the Human Resources Generalist, Saralyn Heath, at firstname.lastname@example.org.